Today, I bring to you an epic VEGAN oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe that will blow your mind. They are super easy, and don’t have any crazy/hard to find ingredients.
Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup flour (gluten free, whole wheat, white, almond, coconut flour, etc.)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp. molasses (or maple syrup)
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 2 Tbsp. flax seed (optional)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/3-1/2 cup chocolate chips (I used some by Equal Exchange that are vegan)
The actual recipe is super easy. Just mix all the ingredients together until they are well combined.
I used parchment paper to line my cookie sheet (to keep from having to use oil). Just form the dough into balls and press down to flatten them out. The cookies won’t spread out, so you don’t have to worry about them all turning into one big cookie blob.
Bake the cookies at 350 for 10 minutes or until firm. Pair the cookies with a glass of almond milk and you’re ready to devour them.